River Bonds Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River Bonds Valley

River Bonds Valley was the town everyone wanted to live in. But something has happened and everyone is on their toes. ~Change is coming, and a new power will rise. ~

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest Headline: Rose McKeith of McKeith Industries found dead at Center Point!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

June 2012

» Magica Academy : The Killer Is Alive
Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 10:16 pm by Guest

» Wanted Ad: Love interest
Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:29 pm by Vanessa McAdams

» Thread perhaps?
Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:51 pm by Vanessa McAdams

» Well Isn't This Perfect
Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:28 pm by Vanessa McAdams

» Activity
Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 am by Alexis Devereaux

» Written By Fate
Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:18 pm by Guest

» the HAUTE Ton - Regency-era 1813
Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:31 am by Guest

» Magical Mayhem Future AU Harry Potter
Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 am by Guest

» Mount Horizon
Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:03 am by Guest

» PRIMESGENERATION.COM
Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 am by Guest

Photobucket
 Deception's Gates
actors on a stage
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The Power of TwoThe ArchiveBTW
Shadowplay TopsitesPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketRPG-D
Photobucket

Creative Commons License

River Bonds Valley by
Varen McKeith, Chaselynn Mitchell, and Alexis Devereaux
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://rbvalley.rpg-board.net/f52-qa.

Sanctuary

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Axel James

Axel James

Argents : 81

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 pm

The sun was still high in the sky when Axel finally made it to the top. He'd often come up here to clear his head, it was a place of peace. A place his father would never even dream of climbing. He was too rich to be climbing mountains 'he had better things to occupy his time with'. Like teaching his little brother how to take over the family business.

With a sigh he dropped to the ground and sat down with his arms propped up behind him. Who knew how long he sat there, getting lost in a whirlwind of his own thoughts. He'd become so lost that he didn't even hear the footsteps approaching behind him.
Back to top Go down
Natalina Grimm

Natalina Grimm

Argents : 37

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Natalina had decided that maybe a break was good for her. It wasn't like she had any money for a vacation and Melanie was still too young to go anywhere. But, if there was one thing Natalina loved doing, it was hiking. It was a good way to get her mind off of things like stupid men and paying the bills. Who knew that a seventeen could be so... mature?

Melanie rested in a baby bjorn, fast asleep on her chest. She didn't have anyone to watch her daughter, so she took her hiking. Melanie was a quiet baby who slept most of the time, so it was nice to have her there.

As she walked, Natalina stumbled upon a man that was sitting on the ground. "Shit, sorry man. I didn't see you there."
Back to top Go down
Axel James

Axel James

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Axels head snapped to the side as his body sprang to life. He was on his feet in a matter of seconds to protect his back. "Holy shit!" He gasped clutching his heart which now seemed to be racing out of his chest. He was so used to having to watch his back now that it never accorded to him that she was just wondering through. To him the over reaction was his form of flight or fight.

He coughed nervously and striaightened his clothes. It wasn't everyday you jumped out of your skin when a someone walked up on you. "She yours?" He asked dusting himself off to mask what had just happened.
Back to top Go down
Natalina Grimm

Natalina Grimm

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Natalina felt bad that she had scared him, since it hadn't been her intention. Pulling her bottom lip between her teeth, Natalina felt awkward. Had she just tore him from a deep thought? It would make perfect sense, since Nina's life was lived in a constantly awkward state. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Really!" The seventeen year old said, her cheeks as red as her hair.

Looking down at Melanie, Nina nodded. "Yeah, she's mine." Natalina was used to the hate by now. By people thinking she was an idiot for keeping a daughter at seventeen. But, she was doing a damn good job and wasn't about to let anyone tell her otherwise. "I'm Natalina, by the way. You can call me Nina or Little Red. Everyone calls me that."
Back to top Go down
Axel James

Axel James

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:03 pm

He shook his head and finally began to relax. He honestly couldn't believe he'd reacted that strongly. There went his tough attitude. blown before he'd even managed to open his mouth. "It's fine, you didn't scare me. Simply caught me off guard." He said rearranging his face into his usual cool demeanor.

"Axel." He introduced himself. He didn't feel the need to go into anymore detail. There were no nicknames for him to share. "Where's the father?" He asked, guessing the answer. Typical of someone their age to do something like that. "How about Red? Short and sweet."
Back to top Go down
Natalina Grimm

Natalina Grimm

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Natalina still felt bad for scaring him. Even if he said she didn't scare him, Natalina saw it in his face. She had startled him at least. He seemed like the kind of person who wasn't used to being vulnerable. Nina couldn't relate. "Still, sorry mate. I should've announced myself or something." She said, stuffing her hands into her pockets.

"Pleased to meet you," She said awkwardly. Since when was she awkward? She was Natalina for Christ's sake. Hearing his next question, Nine smiled. "I don't know and don't care. I'm a teenager; obviously the dad wouldn't stick around." Yep. Just like every other person she met. Damn shame. "Red works just fine."
Back to top Go down
Axel James

Axel James

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:43 pm

He tilted his head to the side slightly, trying to get a read on her. It wasn't often he met someone who genuinely seemed nice. "Stop appologising, i said it's fine." He said and cracked a little smile in her direction. He really wasn't the genuine smile type so that from him was weird.

"Like wise. So Red what brings you and... I didn't catch her name." He said taking slow steps closer towards her. He didn't want to scare her off, but he could remember when his brother was younger. He'd practically brought him up himself. "Men nowadays such dicks." He smirked as he took a look at the baby. "She's beautiful. Let's just hope she takes after her mother when she grows up then."
Back to top Go down
Natalina Grimm

Natalina Grimm

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:47 pm

She smiled back at him, tucking a strand of red hair behind her ear. "Bad habit I suppose." Natalina had been told to stop apologizing more than enough times. It really was a bad habit of her's. Apologizing left and right, even for things that didn't even involve her. She was just the kind of person who wanted no pain in the world. Such a optimist.

"Oh, it's Melanie," She said, looking down at her sleeping daughter. "Just taking a break from work. I love hiking; it's a good escape." Natalina said simply, watching as he stepped closer. Laughing at his statement, she nodded. "You're not bad, from what I can tell." Natalina said, looking at him with smiling doe eyes. "Very beautiful," Nina agreed, brushing back Melanie's dark hair. Blushing, she smiled at Axel. "Well, maybe not as stupid." She joked.

Motioning to a fallen log, Nina smiled. "What to take a seat?" She wondered, hoping to get some human interaction.
Back to top Go down
Axel James

Axel James

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:25 am

"Melanie." He nodded, testing the names out with the face. "Nice! Oh where do you work?" He asked. So she was middle class. It made no difference to him. In fact he preferred her to be of that decent. He could almost hear his fathers protests.

"You can say that again. This is the one place many people are too lazy to come too." Or people from his area. It granted a great escape every time he needed one and he needed one often.

He smirked, his eyes catching a slight glint. "You don't even know me. I could be the biggest dick of them all for you know. Only i hide it so well." He said giving her a wink.

"I doubt you're stupid. You're smart enough to bring her up alone, that's got to take something. I know a lot of people that couldn't do that." He shrugged and nodded as she motioned to the fallen log.
Back to top Go down
Natalina Grimm

Natalina Grimm

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:32 am

She smiled when he repeated her daughter's name. Natalina thought it fit her perfectly. "I work at the general hospital." Natalina didn't know what class he was in, but it didn't matter. She had long forsaken her envy to the richer folk. She wasn't going to hate people for what they did or didn't have. "I'm the receptionist."

"Exactly. There aren't many people who wander up here. Upper class or not." Natalina agreed, smiling that he had the same views that she did. The redhead hadn't met another person who sought hiking as a peaceful activity.

Laughing prettily, Natalina grinned at him. "Yeah, you could be. But, you didn't call me a slut when you saw a seventeen year old with a child. That earns points in my book." Nina shrugged, "But, if you a dick, I can just leave." She said teasingly, pointing back to the path.

Blushing deeply, Natalina gave him a honest smile. "Thanks Axel. That's not the reaction I get from most people." She said, thankful for him as she sat down on the log. "So, I have to ask... North, South, East, or West?"
Back to top Go down
Axel James

Axel James

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:59 am

"Oh got any plans on becoming a doctor or are you happy where you are?" He asked. He knew some were ambitious but others truly were happy where they were. He on the other hand had no idea where he wanted to be. He just knew he wouldn't be able to live on his fathers money forever.

He snorted. "You won't see many upper class up here. Too afraid they'd break a nail or ruin their tailored suits." He rolled his eyes. So what if he was speaking of his own people, he never felt like he truly belonged anyway.

He shrugged. "I don't judge people, okay maybe with guys i do. Women some how deserve more respect." After his father he couldn't bring himself to trust any man and he knew his mother would be turning in her grave had he disrespected any woman. "No don't go! Fine. Im only a dick on occasion." He compromised.

"Im not most people." He smirked taking a seat beside her on the log. It felt weird having a casual conversation with someone he'd only just met. But it was a nice change to not be on the defensive for once.

"That depends. How do you feel about the North?" He asked waiting for her reaction. Usually he'd lie but he just couldn't bring himself too. He just hoped she wasn't one of those that hugely objected to those with money.
Back to top Go down
Natalina Grimm

Natalina Grimm

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:13 am

Natalina smiled, "Surgeon, actually. I'll never be happy working a job that doesn't fit my intelligence." The redhead said jokingly, looking down at Melanie as she murmured nonsense in her sleep. "I was the last person you'd expect to get pregnant. 4.0 student with a full ride out of this town." Nina shrugged, looking backup at Axel.

"You won't see many lower class up here either. Hell, everyone in this town no matter what class aren't really the hiking type. Glad to know that we're the exception, aye?" Nina asked, a pretty smile on her face.

She took back all he said about Axel being like everyone else. He was nothing like other people. Which, was refreshing. "That's good. Good to know chivalry isn't completely dead." Laughing she lowered her hand. "I'm staying, don't have a heart attack on me. Well, that's better than being a dick all the time, right?"

Looking at him from under heavy lashes, Nina smiled. "I noticed. Congrats, you're not a complete loser." Natalina teased, surprised by how comforting it was to talk freely with another person.

"They're a bunch of lucky bastards," Natalina said with a smile. "I don't have anything against them though. I haven't really talked to anyone from the North." Natalina said with a shrug. "Though, lemme guess, you're from the North. So, it can't be that bad there."
Back to top Go down
Axel James

Axel James

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:49 am

"Surgeon? Not phased by the blood and guts then i take it?" He smirked. She'd be good when it came to the gory films at least. There were far too many girls out there that didn't or pretended they didn't like it just to get out of watching all the good films. "You'd make a pretty shit surgeon if you were." He smirked covering his eyes with one had as he blindly went about mock surgery with the other.

"This douche, must have been something special." He thought out loud. She was smart, beautiful and practically had a one way ticket out of here and he'd taken all that away from her after one night. There must have had to have been something different about him to trick her.

"Let's hope we're the only exception. Whilst they all stay down their stuffing their facing we can come up here with that pretty smile of yours and stay fit." He said giving her a wink. It wouldn't be such a bad life if he just stayed up here. At least he'd be rid of his father, he just couldn't leave his brother alone with him.

He smirked. "Damn and here i was thinking id give the towns next best surgeon some training. You snooze you lose." He teased. "Yeah but slightly strange. Being a dick is easier sometimes."

He raised an eyebrow and looked at her. Her eyes momentarily, knocking him off guard. "Complete loser? Hmmm must get that from my dad." He smiled.

"Some are, others aren't so lucky. There's more to life than just money." He shrugged. "Yes unfortunately. Where is it you're from?"
Back to top Go down
Natalina Grimm

Natalina Grimm

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:10 am

"Nope. It's never really bothered me. As long as it saves lives, I can't really complain. What's a bit of blood and guts?" Natalina had never been a very delicate person. She could handle films with blood and guts and whenever someone was hurt, she was never afraid of getting dirty. Laughing, Natalina nodded. "Worst surgeon around town!" She agreed, smiling at Axel.

Natalina frowned softly, shaking her head. "No, he wasn't anything special. He was a smooth talker and that's about it. I was a naive sixteen year old who saw the world through rose-tinted glasses. And, he knew how to take advantage of that." There was nothing special about him at all, Nina had just lapsed her judgement at a huge cost.

She laughed, "Pretty smile, huh? You're a smooth talker too, did you know that Axel?" She would like to be the only exception. Natalina like having the knowledge that only a few people went hiking for some peace. That left more quietness for her. And, Axel wasn't so bad to talk to. No, not at all.

Smirking back at him, Nina rolled her eyes. "It's a good front; being rude. At least, so I've noticed. I'm an open book, so I can't really speak. I wear my heart on my sleeve and, even now, I have no guard." Natalina had a feeling she would always be that way.

"Bad relationship with the old man?" Nina wondered, her brown eyes looking concerned. There she was, trying to take care of people again.

Natalina nodded, agreeing with that statement. "Yeah, but it sure does make life a hell of a lot easier." Nina pointed out, smiling distantly. "I can't complain though. I hardly have enough money, but I'm happy." Looking back at Axel, Natalina sighed. "West side,"
Back to top Go down
Axel James

Axel James

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:42 am

"Good that's the spirit! Just make sure I'm your priority should i ever need saving. Since im you know, your favourite patient."

"And he took advantage. Yeah i figured. Guys like that want beating up and id gladly take the first swing." He said his eyes narrowing at the pieces of filth that could even think about doing such a thing to innocent girls. "I take it he didn't stick around the town for long?" He'd love to take out some long built up anger on him.

He laughed. "Oh really? I wasn't even trying." He smirked. "It must be a natural gift, what can i say?" He'd never had a problem talking with the ladies or flirting in his case, but here this wasn't the case. Nina wasn't just some random girl he'd picked out of crowd.

He nodded. "It certainly seems to get people to back off. I'm the exact opposite, my guard is never down... usually." He frowned, why was it he was being so open and relaxed with her? Perhaps it was just because she was so laid back herself.

"Understatement of the century." He shrugged waving it off and then reached into his pocket for his wallet. "Here, take this." He said pulling all the notes he had from his wallet and handing them too her. "Don't say no cause i honestly don't need it and I'm more than happy to take it from my father if it helps you feed the little one. I live to piss that man off so you'll be doing me a favour."
Back to top Go down
Natalina Grimm

Natalina Grimm

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:44 am

Natalina laughed pleasantly, "Let's hope you'll never have to see me for a surgery though. But, if the occasion ever arises, you'll be priority." The redhead smirked, "Promise."

"Took advantage and never thought twice about it." Arching an eyebrow, Nina smiled at him. "If he ever comes back to town, please beat the shit out of him. For me," Natalina said, though she knew that if the time ever came, the guilt would be bad enough. "No, he left after he slept with me. I doubt he even knows Melanie is born. I sure as hell never told him."

Melanie began stirring against her chest, her eyes blinking slowly, causing Natalina to brush back her hair soothingly. "Well, you watch out Axel. Or the ladies will be falling at your feet left and right." Natalina liked Axel. He was easy to talk to, even if he was from the North.

"You're guard is down with me, or at least it appears that way." Natalina said, smiling down at her daughter as she smiled up at her. "You're supposed to be asleep Melly," Nina said to her daughter, before turning back to Axel. "Does that mean I'm special?" She teased, her brown eyes dancing.

The smile faltered slightly, staring at the wallet. "Axel, you just met me. Y-you don't have to do this." He was too nice to her and Natalina hadn't done anything to deserve it. "I-I, wow, thank you." She said as she took it from him with a small smile. Leaning over, she pressed her lips to his cheek for a lingering moment. "You're not like other guys, you know that?"
Back to top Go down
Axel James

Axel James

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:51 am

"Yeah let's hope so." He spend more than his own fair share of time in the hospital thanks to his 'falling down stairs' or 'walking into things'. To the many doctors he'd seen he was just another clumsy kid after a good tip from his father. He was pretty sure she was one doctor that couldnt be brought though.

"If he ever comes back to town just point me in the right direction and it'll be my pleasure. I can't stand low life scum like him, he'd deserve everything he got and more." what he couldn't understand was where we're her parents in all this? Why weren't they out there tracking him down and ripping him to pieces? He would have done had it been his little girl he'd done it too. But he couldn't ask, it just seemed to personal. What if they weren't even alive?

He laughed. "Yeah I'm sure the wrong kind would. Those either after my fathers money or more interested in what I could do for them. It's always the same." He sighed, it never did seem to be any different. Even the girls he flirted with all seemed to be the same type he need a change.

His eyes turned to look at Melanie as she spoke. Why was it he seemed so at ease around her? He'd never with anyone else. Maybe because she'd scared the crap out of him when she first arrived and putting on the tough cocky guy act seemed pointless? "I don't know." He answered seriously. He knew she was only teasing but it was a question he himself wanted answering.

"You should probably know I don't do anything I have to do." He shrugged and then froze in place as her lips connected with his cheek. "You're welcome. I should hope not!" He smirked. "But tell anyone and I will have to deny it. I have a reputation to uphold whether I like to or not, I've got to survive."
Back to top Go down
Natalina Grimm

Natalina Grimm

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:09 am

Natalina smiled at Axel's offer. "I'll be sure to do that." Nina said with a nod. It would be nice to see him get a taste of his own medicine. But, she couldn't set Axel on him unless he really wanted to. Natalina wished her dad would've done that to him instead, but no, apparently it was completely her fault she got pregnant. Never the guy's fault too. Oh no.

Looking out into the trees, Nina sighed. "Well, I suppose that makes sense, since you live in the North. Even though money is a bit tight, I would never go after someone for their's. I would never even think about it. I suppose it's because I'm a hopeless romantic that just wants to fall in love and be happy." Natalina explained, her dark eyebrows knitting together.

Melanie gurgled at her mother happily, which made Nina smile. Her daughter always seemed to put a smile on her face. And, as the infant turned to look at Axel, she smiled a cheesy grin that made Natalina laugh. "She likes you." The redhead said, grinning at Axel.

"I promise not to tell anyone that you're really a sweetheart. I don't even know your last name, so there would be no point in telling anyone." Natalina explained with a grin. It really was sweet of him to give her money that could pay for a lot of things like food and supplies for Mel. She had never met a person who would be willing to do that for a stranger.
Back to top Go down
Axel James

Axel James

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:48 am

Axel shrugged. "People seem to revolve around money in this town, it makes me sick. You are one of the rare people who don't give a shit and that's what i respect about you! Trust me to stumble across you." He smirked moving to sit on the floor so he could sit more comfortably with his arms on the log behind him.

Axel chuckled at the sight before looking back at the mother. "I'm glad someone does." He smiled holding out his finger for Melanie. "It's been a while since i last saw a baby... weirdly." He added. Eden had been the last baby he'd seen and he'd only been young himself when he brought him up.

Axel hissed playfully. "Sweetheart? Me? No, you've got me totally wrong." He said shaking his head. Was he really being that nice? Weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary   Sanctuary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanctuary
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
River Bonds Valley :: Grounds :: Mountains-
Jump to: