River Bonds Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River Bonds Valley

River Bonds Valley was the town everyone wanted to live in. But something has happened and everyone is on their toes. ~Change is coming, and a new power will rise. ~

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest Headline: Rose McKeith of McKeith Industries found dead at Center Point!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

June 2012

» Magica Academy : The Killer Is Alive
Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 10:16 pm by Guest

» Wanted Ad: Love interest
Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:29 pm by Vanessa McAdams

» Thread perhaps?
Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:51 pm by Vanessa McAdams

» Well Isn't This Perfect
Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:28 pm by Vanessa McAdams

» Activity
Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 am by Alexis Devereaux

» Written By Fate
Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:18 pm by Guest

» the HAUTE Ton - Regency-era 1813
Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:31 am by Guest

» Magical Mayhem Future AU Harry Potter
Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 am by Guest

» Mount Horizon
Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:03 am by Guest

» PRIMESGENERATION.COM
Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 am by Guest

Photobucket
 Deception's Gates
actors on a stage
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The Power of TwoThe ArchiveBTW
Shadowplay TopsitesPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketRPG-D
Photobucket

Creative Commons License

River Bonds Valley by
Varen McKeith, Chaselynn Mitchell, and Alexis Devereaux
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://rbvalley.rpg-board.net/f52-qa.

Blockage- G

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tallie Crippen

Tallie Crippen

Argents : 73

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:11 am

Tallie sat in the library at one of the tables in the back. She was tapping a pencil to her notebook, a focused look on her face. She knew she wanted to write something, she just couldn't find it at that moment.

Sighing and giving up, Tallie reached into the bag at her feet, taking out her iPod Touch and unwrapped the headphones. She quickly skimmed to her favorite band, Phoenix, and put their songs on shuffle. Closing her eyes, Tallie jumped as she felt a firm tap on her left shoulder. Taking out one headphone, she turned to face the person with a look of annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Varen McKeith

Varen McKeith

Argents : 204

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:34 am

Varen entered the library, distracted. No particular emotion was on his face - a perfect mask of indifference had been constructed way before all of the commotion began. He did, however, find that with his mother's death came the slow slipping of his mask. He was doing all that he could so that he wouldn't slip up or - heaven forbid - breakdown in front of someone he could hardly care about. He tucked his hands in his pocket, holding his head up high and looking around. His eyes were a shade closer to blue at the moment, and as his gaze landed on a familiar-looking head of blonde hair. He rolled his eyes, an amused smile quirking his lips up. Figures Tallie would be in the Library.

Straightening himself up, he walked on over to her in confident strides. Tapping her shoulder, he crossed his arms over his chest as she turned around. Her obvious distaste at being disturbed only served to make his day. It was always fun to ruin someone else's day - especially if that someone just so happened to be his favorite cousin.

"Is that the face you give your favorite cousin?" He asked mockingly, raising a brow at her and cocking his head.
Back to top Go down
https://rbvalley.rpg-board.net
Tallie Crippen

Tallie Crippen

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:46 am

"Oh Varen, this is the face especially reserved for you." Tallie replied tiredly. The amusement was easily identifiable, as she didn't hide it very well. "How have you been anyways? It feels like years." She smiled sadly. Tallie knew, well rather, felt, that he wasn't okay. But, she asked anyways, an attentitive look in her eyes. Maybe he's better. Tallie thought optimisticially.

"What brings you to the library?" Tallie questioned with an arched brow. "I didn't think this is something in your style." She paused her music and put everything away, motioning for him to sit next to herself. "Sit. Don't be a lump and stand."
Back to top Go down
Varen McKeith

Varen McKeith

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:13 am

The smile on his face turned into a full-blown grin at her words. Oh, he'd missed having her around. When his mom's funeral was being held, he and Nina were barely able to talk because he had been busy with his family - his sister primarily. "I'm glad I'm still as special to you as you are to me," said Varen with a chuckle, reaching over to pinch her cheek.

The moment she asked if he was okay, he stiffened for a brief second before going back to normal in an instant. Of course, she would probably be able to pick up on it, but he was hoping that by some stroke of luck, she didn't. He was in no mood to talk about his feelings - in a dingy old library of all the places! "I'm still alive," said he with a shrug. "And yeah, it feels like years. Hopefully we'll get to see each other more often from now on. With all of that... craziness over and all." No emotion was in his voice as he spoke, because really, what would emotions do? They can't bring the dead back to life.

"Honestly?" He asked rhetorically before shrugging. "I have no idea." He took a seat with a roll of his eyes as he continued, "I was driving around, looking for something to do, when I found myself here. And you? Are you working on your novel-thing?"
Back to top Go down
Tallie Crippen

Tallie Crippen

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:41 am

Tallie rolled her eyes and lazily swiped at his hand as he pinched her cheek. "Who said you were special to me?" She scoffed lightly. The sad smile she had on her face before became a not very hidden grin of amusement. He was her favorite cousin, really.

Tallie saw him stiffen and it told her everything. Deciding to brush it off, she nodded slowly. She didn't exactly think he would want to talk about it anytime soon. "Which is a good thing." Of course it was a good thing. One death in the family was enough. "That would be a good thing. We can't hold account to what happened. It's awful, but it happened. Best leave it at that." Sighing, Tallie cupped a hand over her chin, leaning heavily into the table.

"It'll never be a novel if I don't find muse to do it." Tallie stated, slightly angered. It was something she had wanted to do for a long while, but everytime she began it, it wasn't right. "Sorry. It's just been fustrating at home." She apologized, picking at a loose thread in the floral dress she was wearing. The warmer tone she had had before shone through. Fustrating was an understatement. She had been so upset she had boughten her own place.
Back to top Go down
Varen McKeith

Varen McKeith

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:24 pm

"No one has to," countered Varen confidently, his smirk in place. Crossing his arms over his chest and leaning comfortably against the back rest of his chair, he let his eyes wander the barely-filled room. He let her talk about the rather recent events that still left him speechless. There wasn't much to say. He couldn't do anything about it, anyways. It's already happened, and he wouldn't be able to change anything.

When she snapped at him, he didn't mind at all. He may have no ambition when it comes to writing the next great novel, but he understood how frustrating it could be when things don't go your way. He didn't feel it often, but when he did, it got more than a little bit annoying.

"It's fine." He said reassuringly. "So if you're looking for a muse, then why come here?" He asked, motioning around him. "I'm sure there are other places you could go to. The forest, the lake, the beach... Heck you can probably find something to inspire you at the park - both here and back home!" He exclaimed.
Back to top Go down
Tallie Crippen

Tallie Crippen

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:43 am

"It's quiet. I don't hear fighting all of the time. Don't get the finger pointed at me because of how I act. I don't even want the money my parents are fighting about. I would rather be poor and happy than be rich and miserable." Tallie's voice quavered. Her fists were clenched on the table, and her knuckles were white, scars prominant from who knows what. It was too much for her. Closing her eyes, she took deep, clensing breaths. Tallie never freaked out like that. Unless it was an anxiety attack.

"Home?" Tallie had finally relaxed enough to speak. Chuckling darkly, her blue eyes turned dark. "That is no home. I finally had the courage to move out of that hellish life. I have my own place now." Of course her parents hadn't told anyone. The scandal, miss perfect couldn't take the heat and left.
Back to top Go down
Varen McKeith

Varen McKeith

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:00 am

And then there she went talking about preposterous things. Be happy without money? HA! That was laughable. Has she seen the people who weren't as rich as they are? They were filthy little scumbags who probably wouldn't even bat an eye to such hideous things that he couldn't even name. But then again, their home life was rather different, so he kept his mouth shut. It wouldn't do to provoke her. She was one of the few whom he actually cared about.

He placed a hand over hers when he saw the way she seemed to struggle. Yeah, if not for their money and their blood, Varen and Tallie probably wouldn't get along. He squeezed her hand gently, a silent affirmation that he would always be there to help her out.

"Your place is probably hell, but hey, I was talking about mine!" He said, before his eyes widened when she mentioned moving out. "Really? Where?" He hadn't heard about that! Had he really missed out on so much?
Back to top Go down
Tallie Crippen

Tallie Crippen

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:13 am

"A two bedroom loft by the park." Tallie replied soberly. Unclenching her fists at his touch, she massaged them to get the blood back in her veins. "My parents haven't cancelled any of my credit or debit cards, so I know they know I bought the place. I just don't think they care." She was being honest. The only thing they care about is how much Marietta drank the night before and how hungover she would be the next morning.

"I know you don't get why I'm not happy with the money." Tallie's blue eyes bore into his, and sighed. "You probably think I'm the only rich kid who doesn't want it, don't you?" Laughing, she nodded, answering her own pathetic question. "I'm the only one that I know of at the very least."

"Varen, do you think that there's more to life than just money?" Tallie knew why she asked the question so suddenly. That very question had been eating her alive for quite a while. It was just a relief that it was asked out loud. She bracened herself, knowing what the possible answer would be.
Back to top Go down
Varen McKeith

Varen McKeith

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 am

"Sounds nice," replied Varen automatically. He, himself, wanted to get out of his house as well, if only to have a bit of independence. But with all that's happened, it was rather impossible for that to happen anytime soon. The McKeith family had to stay close and regroup. They had taken a big hit, after all. "Well, they don't, but I do." He said honestly. "If you ever need anything, I'm here for you, okay?"

He shook his head when she spoke. "Not at all!" He said, regarding the fact about her being the only rich kid who doesn't want the money. He's met - and heard of - his fair share of those stories. "I know others." He said with a shrug, not bothering to correct her about him being unable to understand.

When she asked that, he smiled. He's always known the answer to that. "Yes." He said with a nod of his head. "There's love, friendship, and of course, family. Why do you ask?" He valued those as much as he did money, but now, he didn't know who to trust apart from his family. He wasn't naive to assume that one of his friends could've potentially hired a hit man to have his mom assassinated.
Back to top Go down
Tallie Crippen

Tallie Crippen

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:59 am

Tallie bit her lip down from retorting something harsh back. His anser seemed so... Automatic. Rushed. "It is nice. It's spacious, considering the size. I have a a puppy, so I have small comfort there." Running a hand through her long blonde hair, she looked around. All the people seemed so small. Innocent. Caught up in their own drama. Tallie could only wonder how hectic she looked. "Okay." Tallie nodded carefully, not listening fully or understanding what she was agreeing to.

"I know. Sometimes I don't either." She admitted bashfully. "It just doesn't... Feel right, is all." Tallie's eyes met his. "You know? I don't like that feeling. It makes me feel dirty all of the time." Was that strange? Of course it was. Rich people should probably feel superior all of the time. Not Tallie. It was a rush of relief that it wasn't just her feeling the way she did.

"I don't know. It has just been a question burning at me for weeks. I needed to ask someone." Tallie felt awkward all of a sudden. Which was strange. Tallie didn't normally feel awkward with people she got along with very often. So, this coupled with the anger she felt inside of herself.
Back to top Go down
Varen McKeith

Varen McKeith

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:59 am

Unaware of what was going through his cousin's mind, Varen wondered how they ended up having such a sober discussion when they had met up with all smiles. "What breed's the puppy?" He asked curiously. He hadn't had a pet in a while, and had been considering getting one before his mother's passing. He couldn't help but frown when she seemed distracted. He wished he could make things better, but understood that he couldn't just wave a wand and make things better. This wasn't Harry Potter. There was no magic. This was real life - plain and often times complicated.

Varen sighed, standing and moving closer to her. He took her into his arms, "You are too nice, you know." He said honestly. "It's why you feel that way. You don't want to be the typical rich girl - your hearts too pure for it." And he meant it. In some other world, where he and Tallie weren't related, they would've either gotten together or could've been the bane of each other's existence. It was an amusing fact.

"Well," began Varen, pulling away. "I may not be as nice as you are, but I know how to appreciate what non-material things I have." He swallowed, looking through the titles of the books on the shelves. "The only thing is, I see money as an equal to - sometimes even above - them, where as you put them above everything else." He pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Tallie Crippen

Tallie Crippen

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Tallie laugh, yet it wasn't really a laugh. It was more cold, and sad. It fit herself, to say the least. It was only her cousin who could understand her the most, yet still not understand most of the time. "A husky. I got her a week ago." She once again bit her lip. Marbles, had been rather afraid of the loft.

"I can be." Tallie felt the pressure of his arms around her. Not nice to myself. She thought bitingly. "Maybe so. Maybe so." Was all she could say. She didn't like a lot of compliments all at once.

"I have to. What happens if you lose the money? Then everything you valued crumples to bits all around you. I am just getting into the habit of forgetting the money." Tallie admitted. Her tone was joyful, yet her heart was as heavy as a stone.
Back to top Go down
Varen McKeith

Varen McKeith

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:36 pm

"When you lose the money, you get to see where you really stand with your so called friends - or lover - or family." Varen supplied. He had read it off of some book or article a while back, and though he still valued money, he also believed in the statement. After all, when you're rich, you're not sure whether or not your friends are there for you or your money. Of course, he felt that Tallie would be those fortunate to be blessed with real friends, but she didn't seem to want the compliments right now, so he'll keep it in mind.

Crossing his arms over his chest, he leaned against the table, almost sitting on it, really. He had lost interest in asking about her puppy - though he saved the thought for later, and the fact that she was so down made him want to pull his hair out. He wanted nothing more than to bring a smile to her face! He frowned, deep in thought. There had to be something he could do.

"We should go out." He said suddenly. "If you're up for it, I've got my ball in the car and we could just pass it around for a bit." He was probably a little rusty, seeing as he hadn't played soccer ever since the school year finished. Things had happened too fast for his liking. Just a couple of weeks after school ended, his mother died, and with it went his want for any sport. Every time he held a ball, he was brought back to all the games he's played, and how his mother never failed to be there on the sidelines, cheering him on.

"It's a great day outside, and I'm sure the sun would love to see you out and about." Maybe it would work, maybe it won't, but the hopeful shine in his eyes and the small smile on his face showed just how much he meant his words. They both needed a little pick-me-up, and since they weren't quite legal yet - in terms of drinking, at least - well then, they could participate in something healthier.
Back to top Go down
Tallie Crippen

Tallie Crippen

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:55 am

"Did you memorize that from a book, Varen?" Tallie laughed. Her heart lightened, as did her mood. Her cheeks flushed pink with amusement. Yes, Varen had, and always will be, her favorite cousin. Tallie had learned to pretend and respect her family years ago, yet he always recieved her full respect. No sugar coating it.

"Oh... I don't have any of my things. I can't play in a dress and flats!" She exclaimed bewilderly. "But, I do appreciate your offer. When was the last time you played?" She had been practicing soccer and volleyball for weeks. It was actually good for her. It kept her mind away from things. She had also been training for swimming and marathons. Yes, staying active was what Tallie needed. It was a break for her to not think about a thing. Keep the negatives away.

Tallie felt guilty by then. She saw how hopeful he seemed. Sighing, pulling her thick, blonde hair into a ponytail, she groaned, rolling her eyes. "Fine. I give up. You'll need to take me to my flat. My car has everything. I walked here." Bossy? A little. But that was the way Tallie was.
Back to top Go down
Varen McKeith

Varen McKeith

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:51 am

Varen shrugged, glad to hear her laugh, but slightly embarrassed from being caught. He pouted, huffing indignantly, "It happens to be wise words." He resorted to childishly sticking his tongue out at her. It was such a 180 from their previous conversation that Varen couldn't help but feel great. Only Tallie, he told himself. Only she could get him to show his feelings the way she did.

"Yes you can," retorted Varen, looking at her in feigned accusation. "You just don't want to be seen with me!" He swallowed visibly and sighed. "Really played or does kicking my ball out of anger count?" He asked rhetorically before adding, "Last game I played was the last game at school." He shrugged, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.

When she relented, he was both happy and apprehensive. He hadn't wanted to force her into anything! But then he chastised himself. If he knew anything, it was without a doubt that Tallie could be trusted to be real with him. If she didn't want to do it, then she wouldn't, not doubts about it. He smiled at her bossiness. Oh he's really missed her! "Yes ma'am!" He said with a mock salute. "Lead the way, boss!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blockage- G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage- G   Blockage- G I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blockage- G
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
River Bonds Valley :: Central :: Public Library-
Jump to: